- Music - Play music or play a recording that delivers your lesson.
- Camera - Record yourself giving instructions or following a routine.
- Calendar - Synchronize your school calendar with your iPad calendar. (Instructions here)
- Clock - Use the timer or countdown feature to easily keep track of time.
- Notes - Write quick notes.
Keynote - Create presentations to deliver your lessons.
YouTube - Show videos that feature dance or sports routines.
StopWatch +Camera - Capture the time and moment in which a student performs a skill.
Coach’s Eye - Record students' movements and progress.
Garageband - Create podcasts or voice recordings of routines.
Pick Me! - Be able to randomly choose students.
ShowMe - Make annotations on any picture. Use also as a whiteboard.
ClassDojo - Manage behavior and other class dispositions.
Edmodo - Manage your class assignments and establish communication with students.
Splashtop Whiteboard - Control your computer through your iPad.
eClicker - Assign quick quizzes, check for understanding, and collect immediate feedback
QR Codes - Create quick links with more information. Use QR code generator sites such as QR Stuff.
- Safari browser - Have students perform research on a specific topic.
- Camera - Take pictures or video. Use it so students can compare, reflect, and track progress.
Explain Everything - Ask kids to explain a routine, label a picture, etc.
iMovie - Students can record and edit an activity they perform.
eClicker - Kids can answer the quiz created by the teacher or they could create their own. (See previous post)
Edmodo - To maintain communication between student and teacher.
QR Reader - Be able to scan a QRcode and link to more information.
BrainPop - Watch educational videos, answer quizzes, and do more activities.
Other recommended websites:
- Check out this web cast featuring Kevin Morrow, hosted by Appitic (my favorite app site!).
- The PE Geek Blog
- PE Central - A Website for Health and PE
If you have any success stories regarding PE class, please leave your comments below.